NZGAP offers a number of programmes and certification options covering the range of issues and different market requirements.
- Meets the certification requirements for a range of customers in New Zealand and overseas
- Aligned with NZ regulatory standards
- Includes standards for food safety, health and safety and environmental management
- Independently audited by JAS-ANZ accredited certification bodies
NZGAP is a general GAP certification that is HACCP based and covers the key GAP issues that are required by retailers and processors.
Provides a framework to meet local regulatory obligations and to supply fresh produce to New Zealand customers that require a GAP certificate.
Register for NZGAP certification
NZGAP GLOBAL G.A.P. Equivalent
- Fully benchmarked to the GLOBAL.G.A.P. standard
- Supply customers in Europe and worldwide that require GLOBALG.A.P. certification
- Certified growers hold a GLOBALG.A.P. certificate and number (GGN)
- GLOBAL G.A.P. certification that is customised to New Zealand
Any grower who holds NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent certification also has a GLOBALG.A.P. number (GGN) that is listed on the GLOBALG.A.P. database. Their product can be traded to any retailer worldwide that requires GLOBALG.A.P. Certification.
NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent is recognised as a “Fully Benchmarked GLOBALG.A.P. Scheme”. This means that the standard and checklist has been reviewed and accepted as meeting the equivalent outcomes of the GLOBALG.A.P. standard.
The difference is that this NZGAP scheme has been developed specifically for New Zealand production practices. It addresses the same issues in a New Zealand context by describing our production systems, farm ownership structures, technical terms and practices.
Growers that use the NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. Equivalent scheme comment that it is written in plain English, is relevant and gets to the point in fewer questions.
Register for NZGAP GLOBALG.A.P. certification